Resources for Parents
Have a resource to add to our list? Contact us!
Download our Getting to Know Me document, fill it out, and give it to a teacher or care provider to acquaint them with your child.
- Down Syndrome Pregnancy – Website
- Download the new book, Welcoming a Newborn with Down Syndrome: A New Parent’s Guide to the First Month
- Eli’s Heart – Website | Facebook Page | Email
- A 501 c3 organization that helps families with travel expenses associated with medical procedures. They understand the future financial concerns for all families that have a child with DS, so they focus on supporting the community. For families that need to travel for surgeries, they provide plane tickets, hotel rooms, gas cards, meal cards, and more. Even though the website states support is for heart surgeries, they are willing to support other procedures as well.
- National Down Syndrome Adoption Network – Website | Facebook Page
- The National Down Syndrome Adoption Network provides information to birth families who may be seeking alternatives to parenting as they prepare for the arrival of their child. Making an adoption plan for a child with Down syndrome is a loving choice and can be the right choice for some families.
The NDSAN is also here to provide support to families who wish to adopt a child with Down syndrome.
There are no fees for any of the services provided by the National Down Syndrome Adoption Network.